Here are some recent slip-and-fall awards that might have been prevented by proper business practices and documentation from a sweep log system like Guard1 Plus.
Here are a few statistics concerning New York slip-and-fall accidents from 2010 to 2014.
- $7.5 million verdict against a Starbucks store in Vista, CA. According to the victim's attorney, "witnesses at the scene said a manager had just mopped the area and that an employee later apologized for not dry mopping."
- $5.67 million for slip and fall in McDonalds restaurant. A 59-year-old woman was awarded $5.69 million by a federal jury for injuries suffered after she fell in a McDonalds restaurant in Honolulu. "The defense argued that the floor was clean, but couldn’t back the argument up with actual evidence."
- $2 million awarded for slip-and-fall against Super Eight Model. The victim alleged negligence on the part of the motel's owner and general manager.
- $10 million awarded upheld against a Walmart store in Greeley, Colorado. A woman sued Walmart after slipping on ice and grease. The Colorado Supreme Court upheld the jury's verdict and awarded her $10 million. The jury had awarded her $15 million after a five-day trial.
- Jury awards $400,000 after a slip-and-fall accident at a Kroger store in Georgia. The victim claimed he slipped on a puddle of yogurt and sustained shoulder injuries.
- $870,467 slip-and-fall verdict. The victim was awarded $870,467 after he slipped and fell on a wet floor at a Kash N Karry store in Tampa.
- Man wins $5.7 million verdict against New Jersey Lincoln Mercury dealer. A jury ordered a Seaview Lincoln Mercury to pay $5.7 million to a man who slipped on an oil slick.
- Slip-and-fall on Norwegian Cruise Line ship results in $9.5 million award. A jury in Miami-Dade Circuit Court awarded $9.5 million to a British fitness instructor after he fell in the spa of the Norwegian Crown.
- Slip and fall results in $472,000 award against Ford dealership. A jury awarded $472,000 to a woman who slipped on diesel fuel at a Ford dealer in Half Moon Bay, California.
- $1.5 million slip-and-fall verdict against Coca-Cola Bottling Company is affirmed. An appeals court affirmed a $1.5 million verdict awarded to a woman who slipped and fell on water that leaked from a refrigerator owned by BCI Coca-Cola Bottling Company.
- The average slip-and-fall settlement in New York state was $789,600.*
- The average courtroom verdict was $645,000, including cases the plaintiff lost.